So this is the first TableSmith tables I have done for general use, and the first of my own in general for a while. Getting all the DNDSpeak Tables done was full on. But here is the first one.
This is a wand generator for Potterverse fans. I added some wood to the known list of woods, and to make it SLIGHTLY more generic took out trees named after a region. European Fir for example, and in most cases just took out the place part of the name. The structure of the result is directly based on how wands are described in the books and films. Core materials were sourced form [here].
WARNING: the way this is written, it requires three files for the names, and the image file. The download for this table is a zip file with all the required files.
How to Install:
- Download File (below)
- Open Zip File
- Drag contents to the root of your TableSmith folder.
- Make sure the image lands in the image folder. If not, download the banner from this article and place it directly in your images folder.
- Make sure the following files are in the appropriate folder (move them if not, file paths below are relative to the root of TS):
- root\Tables\Miscellaneous\Harry Potter Wand Generator.tab
- root\Tables\Names\Human English Female.tab
- root\Tables\Names\Human English Male.tab
- root\Tables\Names\Human Surnames.tab
Here is a screenshot, as well as some example outputs. The download is after the code below them:
293total visits,4visits today