Welcome to my Food Hall. This is a place where I will keep all the recipes I want to share, and store. I didn’t make all of these, though I have improved some from other people to make them more me styled.
Riz au Bacon de Poulet (GF)
A gluten free creamy, savory, sweet and tangy chicken mince dish, with bacon served on rice.
- 1 medium to large Brown Onion Finely chopped.
- 6 rashers Rindless Streaky Bacon Chopped into roughly 1cm sized peices.
- 500 g Chicken Mince
- 250 g Tub of Sour Cream
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil This can be replaced by ANY cooking oil, I use this for a touch of extra flavor.
- 2 to 3 Tablespoons Tomatoe Paste
- 1 Tea spoon Cumin Powder
- 1 Tea spoon Crushed garlic Double if using Garlic Powerder.
- 1/2 Tea spoon Crushed ginger Add more if you use ginger powder.
- - Salt & Pepper To taste, but a pinch is good.
On a high heat, in a large frying pan, put the sesame oil, and start cooking your onion. Cook it so it has a light brown color.
Once onion is cooked, add the bacon, and cook that till they both have a good bit of color, but not burnt.
Add your tomato paste and cook it off, making sure all the chicken mine, onion and bacon is covered with it evenly.
Stir frequently, but let it rest so the tomato paste gets a slight bit of darker color as it cooks off the raw taste of the paste.
Turn down the heat of the stove, and once the Tomato Paste is cooked off, add all the spice and cook till everything is well cooked.
Add the Sour Cream to the pan, and stir through to heat it up, make sure to watch the sour cream does not split, cook gently, and stir till well mixed, and the sour cream is heated evenly.
Serve with steamed or boiled rice.
- You can add some chili for some heat if you wish, or a lot.
- Add some veges (chopped to same size as everything else).
- Use Pork mince instead of chicken.
163total visits,1visits today